Keeping your workplace in a good condition is very important for numerous reasons; if you are in need of some advice, here are 6 office maintenance tips to keep your office running smoothly in a good condition!
- Look At The Doors In Your Office, Are They Easy To Use? Make sure that all your doors are working and make sure that any confusing doors are appropriately labelled. It could be embarrassing if you invite a client to your meeting room, reach for the door and try to pull it open; only to quickly remember that it is a push door.
- Don't Ignore Problems, Tackle Them Whilst They Are Small! Small problems might be easy to ignore, but sometimes small problems can turn into bigger problems. Don't allow today's mild annoyances to turn into next week's disaster. Save yourself the hassle and stress; tackle problems when they are small and easier to deal with.
- Don't Forget To Clean Desk Spaces! When people think of cleaning the office, they think about keeping the toilets clean and making sure that the vacuum cleaner is frequently used in the workplace. However, it is also very important to remember to keep office desks in a clean and tidy condition. Desk clutter can quickly build up. An employee might decide to keep an empty drinks bottle on their desk because they're busy with work and don't want to leave their desk to throw it away, but if they forget to throw it away later; that one bottle could soon become two. As such it could be useful to schedule a day of the week as 'desk tidy day' and ask all employees to make sure that their desks are tidy before they leave work on a specific day of the week.
- Look At Your Carpets! Are your carpets full of life? Or do they need a bit of a touch up? Keep your office's carpets in a good condition by frequently cleaning your carpets. If your office has a visitor, damaged or dirty carpets could provide a poor first impression of your business; so make sure that you keep them clean and tidy!
- Think About Your Furniture! Sometimes redesigning the office or refurbishing your workplace isn't necessary. Sometimes all you need is a bit of re-organisation in your office.
If you re-organise the furniture you could create a much more efficient workspace. Additionally by re-thinking how your office furniture is placed, you could make your office easier to navigate and provide your employees with more room in the workplace.
- Consider An Office Maintenance Service! With an office maintenance service, you can take care of small problems as they arise and keep your office in a good condition.
With our office maintenance service Fix-It service, our team of skilled multi-tradesmen will be able to provide you with a wide variety of services. From repairs on doors, to furniture reconfiguration, we can provide a fantastic service to provide you with workplace maintenance and help your business run as smoothly as possible.
Additionally with a workplace maintenance service, you can have peace of mind in the knowledge that any problems or issues will be tackled by skilled professionals; allowing you to focus on work
First Impressions Count, So Make Sure That You Keep Your Office In A Good Condition!
First impressions count and office maintenance is an important part of keeping your office in a good condition so that you can provide a good first impression to your guests.
For example, if your guests enter your building and notice a stained carpet and/or sees that bulbs have gone out and have not been replaced, it can reflect poorly on your business. They might think, 'Does this laziness with regards to the work environment extend to the employees and the quality of work produced here? '
If you want to make sure that your office makes a good first impression for your guests; office maintenance should on your to-do-list!
What Is Included In An Office Maintenance Service From Active?
If you're interested in a workplace maintenance service and would like to know what is included in our Fix-It service, no worries! Our Fix-It service can include services such as:
- Desk and chair adjustments.
- Door repairs.
- Relocation or reconfiguration of furniture.
- Deep cleanse of your workplace.
- Electrical works.
- PAT testing.
- Internal or external window cleaning.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- Minor plumbing works.
- Painting and decoration works.
- And many more!
If you're searching for an 'office handyman' service to handle a wide variety of maintenance services for your workplace, visit our Fix-It page and learn more about what our service includes!
Interested In Our Fix-It Service? Contact Our Team Today!
The workplace maintenance Fix-It service from Active is a fantastic way to keep your workplace in a well maintained manner. Additionally we can provide numerous services for your office such as:
- Our 'Design' service for office design.
- Our 'Build' service for office fit outs.
- Our 'Furnish' service for furnishing.
- Our 'Manage' service for manage office solutions.
- Our 'Move' service for office relocation.
- And our 'Storage' service where you can use our secure online inventory system.
If you would like additional information regarding our Fix-It office maintenance service or any of the other office services available at Active, please do not hesitate to contact our team. Our friendly and dedicated team can provide assistance with your enquiry, providing additional information and answering any question you may have with regards to our numerous office services.
You can contact our team by telephone by calling +44 (0)845 130 9066 or you could fill out our contact form and we'll respond as soon as possible.